One of my last posts was about back face culling. This was because of my performance problem while trying to render 130 000 blocks smoothly. I also said I was going to optimize the world data a little bit before applying shaders (I didn’t know I was already using the standard OpenGL shaders ;) ).
Well… I did! I am now only rendering visible blocks, what means that Mineshooter is now faster than even before I increased the map height. I am not going to make own shaders yet, though. I don’t like how my world looks like, so I already started to make the map generation work with a height-map.
But I promise to learn how to write shaders with GLSL after I optimized the world-data to level 2 (making a mesh out of each chunk).
(btw: Got some really fun bugs. I will post a few very soon!)
This post was imported from tumblr